Sunday, September 14, 2008

Response to interview articles

The first article I read was the article about answering the toughest interview questions. I chose that article because I think that would have to be my weak part in the interview process. Like the main question that always gets me is where do I see myself in 5-10 years. I have an idea but I always forget what I planned to say or it just doesn't come out right. The article suggested not to get to personal which I do sometimes, but to just give a few goals that you are working toward and how you are going to work to try an achieve them. So I think this will help me later on in interviews so I don't ramble on about my personal stuff and instead focus on my goals so they know I have things set out I am wanting to accomplish.

The second article I read was about qhat questions to ask the interviewer. I always get stumped her in the interview when they ask me if I have any questions. I usually have one or two, but sometimes I do not have any at all and they look surprised that I do not have any questions. The article says you need to ask questions which I know because it makes you look more interested i nthe company, but I just can't think of anything I can ask. The article gave great examples of different questions to ask different people in the hiring process such as the recruiter, the hiring manager, and the executive. I went ahead and printed this article out to save so I can look back to see what questions will be appropriate to ask to different people for my future interviews.

No comments: